Thursday, June 25, 2009


Forgive me folks for neglecting you for so long but I am alive and kicking. I have read in the past that the progression from stills to video can be a part of the natural progression of things and I must admit it has crossed my mind now and then but as soon as the thought of the $$$$ its all over. Playing cards should be the sport, hobby or passion of choice as at least you don't need a hefty bank loan to get started. Anyway, I have a Cousin in the big NY who works for one of the worlds biggest record labels. He had his rather humble beginnings in South Auckland working after school in a record shop and with alot of hard work has achieved his dream. He credits good old NZ for his successes and chooses to give something back to the NZ music scene with his label (Move the Crowd Records). One group getting their start under this label is "Smashproof" (checkout their single "Brother" on YOUTUBE, it rocks).

I have been given the task of scouting out music video locations for their up and coming single "Ordinary Life" so after many hours on the ph and driving around the bay its all on this weekend. I am rather interested in seeing how the whole process develops and comparing it with the finished product. All you Smashproof fans, keep an eye out for the bay making its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment