Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Breaking News, Reaching new Heights

Motivation is an important tool we all use to keep focused, goals we all can aim for and be proud of achieving when we in fact finally do obtain them. But I must say that getting one of my photos in space was a goal I have never contemplated.

So it was a rather pleasant surprise to be told I in fact did actually have a photo in space, a feat I will admit I had nothing to do with (well directly anyway). The final launch for the aging shuttle fleet had an unusual cargo on board, a collection of items selected from around the world for a once in a life time flight.





This is the image which has now taken me to dizzying heights, taken around three years ago at the Whakatane observatory. I will admit to still coming to grips with a few technical issues surrounding the use of flash in situations like this so was rather happy with my efforts at the time.


I would like to think this image was selected due to its relevant subject matter and the fact it captured the story of a mans life long desire to watch the stars, rather than the possibility of it being so bad, NASA thought it necessary to get it off the planet in a hurry. Whatever the reason, this is going to look great in a resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment