Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nga Haerenga “the journey’s”

I have recently been charged with the task of capturing some images for the Opotiki District Council with the aim to promote the areas as a mountain bikes paradise. Now this was and is an assignment close to my heart as I happen to love all things Mountain Bike. I began pounding the trails in the Tarawera back in the late 80s before some genius invented suspension which not only gave added traction and efficiency but softened the pounding the body took when flying down a mountain at speed. I have been well aware of the off road opportunities to be had in Opotiki so took this as a chance to see what all the fuss was about.

All this is part of the national cycle trail but the locals here are keen to let all who ride know that this is just the beginning. You can take a leisurely ride on the 19km scenic/beach trail or for the hardened trail beast theirs a 91km loop tail.





























The scenery is breath taking, the trails well manicured so I can't wait to get down and dirty during my next assignment riding and photographing the Otipi track.

http://www.motutrails.co.nz/


No comments:

Post a Comment