Sunday, September 5, 2010

Looking Back.

I had a photo shoot scheduled with a first time model, Queree. The location was an old rundown homestead which made a perfect backdrop. I think I may have to venture inside sometime for a further shoot. Its a fantastic and spooky place like a trip back in time. One of the vines caught a foot on the way out the front door resulting in a rather ungraceful tumble onto my butt. Great start to a shoot.








I really tried to capture the essence of the environment I was working in. The house, the past, the stories the land and building hold but never to tell, its all there and it left me wondering.

I saw a music video by Johnny Cash today called "Hurt" which is a reflection of his life and his feelings of regret and the song is now generally seen as his epitaph. A person such as this has had his life's story documented for all to see and would make fascinating reading. This house may contain equally fascinating stories about the people who lived there but are lost to all but the house itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment