Friday, September 24, 2010

Exhibition Opening.

Nga Manu exhibition opening was a success. There was a great turn out and response to all works on display. The exhibition runs from the 25th Sept to 31st Oct and is well worth a look. My contribution is below and comments are welcome. My partner is a bird nut so her work has left me informed about the plight of some of our native species and there struggle to survive. This was to be the approach I took when I made these two pictures with a quote from Perrine Moncrieff to help express there meaning.

"One feels inclined to write an indignant protest at the ghastly manner in which lovely birds have been twisted into grotesque shapes to adorn women throughout the ages.... for every bird killed to provide warmth, hundreds have been slain merely to trim dresses, or worse still, stuck in hats".





Many thanks to all who attended and also Tasha for being yet again such a stunning model.

No comments:

Post a Comment