Thursday, March 19, 2009

Human life intrigues me. Its many complexities, the experiences we all share but in so many variations. I have begun an extended project designed to portray some of the highs and lows we all experience.


I do prefer the viewer to come to their own conclusion about an images meaning. Art is subjective so I like to promote that with my photography. But hey, this time why not share. The above image relates to the trials and tribulations of adolescence. The model is a teen who wears a wedding dress but holds a teddy. The domain of the adult in contrast to the child. Like two ocean tides colliding. Turbulence is usually the result as we can all attest to.



This one is similar in theme with maybe a peek at what happens when a troubled teen (tormented by the changing body) physically expresses when alone. The tendency to shut ones self away in the dark of the mind. Even though the light is there, the dark is where comfort lies. Some experiences during these years are harder than others so this may be seem by some to be at the extreme. I wouldn't be the first to over emphasise for effect in art or photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment