Tuesday, March 31, 2009




Looking hard for a time to fit in a holiday but can't see how with winter rapidly approaching so may as well plan my next series of shoots in between jobs.


One of the obstacles I face being a male is finding models to photograph. Yeah I have mates with teen sons and daughters who don't mind sitting for long periods in front of a camera while some old fart takes his time, never being satisfied with what he's trying to create but beyond that, its not gana happen. Scenario: 40yr old man wants young models to photograph!!! Yeah that's right, alarm bells start ringing at what the hell may be going on behind closed doors. Paranoia reigns supreme. I do understand the reasons behind the paranoia but its a shame humanity has been reduced to such levels of suspicion and mistrust. I saw a program about the paparazzi in the UK. One photographer was trying to get a shot of Lindsay Lohan from a play ground. GUY, CAMERA, PLAYGROUND??. Needless to say he was hauled off to the police station within 10 minutes. So with all that said its back to shoots with mates kids and images where the same faces make an appearance again and again. They are great to shoot as the following pics attest to.

Th above kind of have a fair bit of time placed in between placed in between them as far as when they were shot. Its really important to me to go back over projects and re-look at what I dd and how I did it. I find myself reloading old pics on the computer and re-hashing a fresh look. As ones skills grow and your eye changes, its good to have a measure of (hopefully) progress and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment