Friday, April 17, 2009

Well its Saturday, I am not working and have no pics lined up. Here I am complaining about lack of output and I have failed to act when I have time to shoot. I do have a couple of nieces heading over this way for the week end so will see what chances there are for a few portraits. I know there mother is always chuffed when she walks away with images of her two girls.


Portraits always seem to have something missing. Yes I know its the person in the raw and with no distractions one cant get more of the person in an image than in a portrait. I suppose I'm wanting the subjects personality to really shine through or even for a piece of that persons life to be shared with those who choose to look.






Here I have three portraits that are what could be called good representations of the persons involved, but lack any insight into the people themselves. Who are they? what information about these individuals can be extracted from theses images? What do these images say about these people? Besides the obvious things such as the emotional content, hair and there general appearance, there's not much else to see if the viewer goes looking.





The two images above give the viewer little more to work with. These were a part of a series of life portraits aimed to add that little bit more into each image. They were aimed at capturing a fragment of each individual, something that featured strongly in there lives.

I would like to take this a step further one day, to be able to sit down with someone and talk about the major events they believe have shaped there lives so as to add this to each image. Its the essence of an individuals personality that makes them who they are, there journey through like. I want to find a way of capturing that, to invoke an emotional response for the subject when discussing there life and once again when they view the image. After all, isn't that what portraiture is all about??

1 comment:

  1. very nice blog~~~!
    Do you know Seoul, Korea?
    If not, please visit my blog~~
    Have a great day!!
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete